Touchpad accel, spirals and xset

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:31:41 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> What you see as a regression I see as an enhancement.  My evidence is based
> on what deployments/pilots talk about when they come give reports at 1cc.
>  When we talk about touchpad problems it often mentioned that the children
> have a hard time positioning the pointer in general due to the fine motor
> control it takes.

What I mean is that there is no change (AFAICS) on slow-motion
control, so cursor positioning when moving slowly or mid-speed is
exactly as hard as it was.

Fast swipes won't give you precision with neither value.

> I think that before you make this decision on xset you need to get some
> feedback from deployments or pilots that have users in our target

Paul has provided them the exact kernel I am shipping, and the
settings I am using. The emails I've seen from Juliano are not
conclusive -- but maybe Paul has gotten more concrete feedback.

If there is reasonably solid feedback that 7/4 1 is better, I'll take
it of course. But so far... well, we just don't have much evidence.

I'll revisit the test with etoys & scratch.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions