New release of F11 for the XO-1 - Build11

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:17:06 EST 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 01:43:54 John Gilmore wrote:
> > Keyboard and mouse will not wakeup from sleep.  Can be fixed by disabling
> > power management in Sugar.
>
> Is there any reason for cutting release after release that don't work
> unless end users disable power management (sometimes twice!)?
>
> Surely if you can't fix the bugs, you could at least ship the release
> with power management disabled by default, so it works out of the box.
> Or, one step up from that, have it figure out which hardware it can
> reliably suspend on, and only have it enable suspend by default on
> that hardware.
>
> 	John

Sorry it took a bit of time to respond but I've been on vacation and now am
recovering from the flu.

I released OS11 as a 1st build with the new buildsystem.  There are still some
issues which need to be addressed but I wanted to get a new build with updated
kernel etc out for testing.

I did some local testing with powe rmanagement disabled by default and the
issue persisted.  It only went away when I went into the control panel and
manually enabled and then disabled power management.

I truly wish I had the hours to devote to tracking down and fixing all these
issues, however the $DAYJOB along with commute time keeps me away from home
for 13 hours a day, and the $DAYJOB is not in the industry, where I could work
on this on the side, but it does pay the bills.

It is my hope to get the remaining issues addressed in short order so a final
release can be made.  We do have a time constraint since F11 the base of our
releases will go "End of Life" in June.

I appreciate all the testing you and others are doing and would welcome any
assistance in tracking down and exterminating these final few issues.

Steven

 Steven M. Parrish
 gpg fingerprint: 4B6C 8357 059E B7ED 8095 0FD6 1F4B EDA0 A9A6 13C0
 http://tuxbrewr.fedorapeople.org/
 irc.freenode.net:
Nickname: SMParrish
Channels: #fedora-kde, #fedora-olpc, #fedora-edu, #sugar, #packagekit