NOW! Contributors Program Mtg (#olpc-meeting, 2PM Boston Time, Friday)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Jan 15 14:03:30 EST 2010

Please all join us right now reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community
projects over IRC Live Chat:
http://forum.laptop.org/chat

Then type at bottom:
/join #olpc-meeting

AGENDA:

* Fast Review of the 4 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals -- please
 join us advocating for, and/or reviewing shortcomings of these proposals:

 1. XO Mobile and Lending Library for Haitians - Delray Beach, Florida
 2. Apex Communication aid for the earthquake victims of Haiti - Miami,
Florida
 3. Project Success Links: 3 Projects For Change - Los Angeles area,
California
 4. Small Solutions/Hands of charity @ Keongo School - Kenya /
Newburyport, Massachusetts

* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring below?!
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects
 http://rt.laptop.org/Search/Results.html?Query=Queue=%27contributors%27

* New projects & libraries -- teaching them Community Outreach:
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Laptop_Lending_Libraries

1. XO Mobile and Lending Library for Haitians - Delray Beach, Florida
   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=54958
   [SPECIFIC SITE NEEDS TO BE POSTED OFF
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects ]

   Requests 3 XOs over 24 months

   Project Objectives:
   Immediate/Short term objective: help Haitian children in Delray Beach
help
   their families make contact with people in Haiti due to the 2010
earth quake.

   Plan and Procedure for Achieving the Stated Objectives:
   Connect with the Haitian community here is Delray Beach thru
organizations
   such as the Catholic church and schedule locations where the XOs can
be taken
   and made available for use primarily as a means of finding friends
and family
   via established web sites such as
http://www.familylinks.icrc.org/haiti/people.
   Once people are found the XOs can be used to communicate with those
in Haiti.

   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=54982
   [SPECIFIC SITE NEEDS TO BE POSTED OFF
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects ]

   Requests 10 XOs over 2 months

   Project Objectives:
   We plan to provide a means of communication to the victims of the
   earthquake in Haiti. With their homes destroyed, we want to provide
access
   to the internet so that they can give their loved ones abroad a sign
of life.

   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=54975
   http://cocosouthla.org
   [SPECIFIC SITE NEEDS TO BE POSTED OFF
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects ]

   Requests 15 XOs over undetermined months

   Project Objectives:
   Our project objective is to inspire and educate elementary school
children
   to take an active role in their community by utilize technology tools
for 3
   Projects for Change.

   This project-oriented program will also act as a professional development
   program, which can help kids identify personal skills and develop career
   interests. The success of these projects will introduce different
positive
   activities that can be emulated by other children.

4. Small Solutions/Hands of charity @ Keongo School - Kenya /
Newburyport, Massachusetts
   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=54629
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/KenyaSmallSolutions_HOC_KeongoSchool
   http://hoclaptop.blog.com
   http://smallsolutionsbigideas.org/blog
   http://hocmathematics.blogspot.com [NEEDS UPDATE & CURRICULUM POSTED]

   Requests 10 XOs over 4 months

   Project Objectives:
   We hope to make learning of Mathematics easier and more interesting by
   using the activities the XO laptop has to inspire interest and
   raise the average percentage mark of all the children by 20% by the
   end of the three months.