[Sugar-devel] New release of F11 for the XO-1 - Build11

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Jan 13 11:37:49 EST 2010

yuan wrote:
 > BTW, with the rotation bug fixed, I noticed that the Browser
 > (and Firefox) activity do respect the screen orientation such
 > that the cursor keys are "rotated".  It's also a bit
 > un-natural that the game buttons doesn't rotate the page
 > up/down mappings.  However, for 90 and 270 degree orientation,
 > the cursor key mapping are in wrong parity, while it's correct
 > for 0 and 180 degree.  Where should I issue this bug?  system
 > or activity?

this sounds like a bug i fixed a while ago in olpc-kbdshim, but
maybe something has been dropped along the way.

the problem was that in the F9-based XO-1 releases, the xrandr
command caused the screen to rotate in the wrong direction, but
no one really noticed, and the code that controls the rotation
simply adapted.  with F11, X11 changed, and old user-level code
now does the "wrong" thing.  what version of olpc-kdbshim package
is installed on this release?  from the logs, version 8-1 should
have the fix.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org