Modifying olpc-kbdshim for simplicity

James Smith metal.lunchbox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:45:49 EST 2010

With the 20100107 kernel power management seems to work just fine in f11 xo-1 os10. I am working on a project called Deborah which is a debian system with lxde for the xo-1 borrowing heavily from f11 for the xo-1. It's coming along nicely and I think it works pretty well but I still have to get power management working properly. I'm using powerd which relies on olpc-kbdshim to report keyboard and trackpad inactivity. Unfortunately kbdshim also does alot of other things that I don't want or need. The volume and brightness keys already work fine without kbdshim, for instance. I want to use kbdshim but disable all of its functions execpt reporting keyboard and trackpad inactivity. Is there an easy way to do this. I don't know enough yet about how kbdshim works to figure this out. Great work, I'm very impressed with f11 for the xo-1.