possible progress on XO-1 camera issues

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Fri Jan 8 12:02:11 EST 2010

I can (somewhat) use Record 64 on my XO-1 running Debian squeeze (*) and
the latest OLPC git kernel. It doesn't work out-of-the-box (needed to
recompile binary blobs) and seems to hang (**) when I try to take a
photo, but the video overlay is shown.

In what way does Record fail for you, exactly?

(*) installed using DebXO, but now an up-to-date squeeze system with no
packages on hold
(**) Video overlay stops updating, busy cursor appears, no reaction to
touchpad clicks. I can stop it using the Frame, though. No errors in
log.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/