Android, OLPC, and native hosting

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jan 2 14:09:48 EST 2010

> Speaking of android, has anyone heard anything about google's other OS, chrome OS?

Installed Chrome OS on my XO-1.5 when I was using os64 - the install
pulled in a whole barnful of dependencies.  Did not find Chrome
impressive - but it probably is the most capable HTML5 implementation
currently available.  What I noticed most was that the Menu Bar was
rudimentary, with the entire screen sometimes being used instead of
palettes.  This was a beta - performance quite humdrum.  On the XO,
Opera is noticeably faster.

mikus