Local activation server

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Feb 25 17:52:24 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 16:57 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > At this time, we have to either use activation.laptop.org or expose the
> > private key to anyone who needs to manually generate a few leases.
>
> That's a somewhat confusing. What are you trying to do...? Assuming
> you have local keys...

We do have a local activation key, but we'd rather not hand it out to
every field technician who needs to generate a lease.sig.

Moreover, we're finding some of the laptops in the field and in the
office which had not been keyjected and others which had a mismatching
U# in the database. While we're hunting them down, we'll have to depend
on activation.laptop.org a while longer.