[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Feb 12 15:46:31 EST 2010

yioryos wrote:

 > Network, display, qwerty keyboard, touchpad (more jumpy than usual), USB
 > devices, SDcard, sound, are OK.
 > Camera I couldn't check (broken)
 >
 > Gamekeys, sound/dimming keys, battery monitor, suspend/power
 > management, screen rotation, not.

well, sounds like you've taken on an excellent project!  good luck.  ;-)

seriously -- that's a big list of stuff that's not working, and much
of it, as you've figured out, will require some development work, or
at least some packaging work, to integrate the known solutions to
those problems that come from either "official" releases, or spinoffs
like F11-on-XO, debxo, etc.  any can/would be a good learning experience,
if that's what you're looking for.  or you could just treat TC as
a very convenient minimal system for the XO, and leave it at that -- a
minimal system to use when you want really fast booting, and not much
else...

paul

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org