[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 15:27:40 EST 2010

> hi yioryos --
>
>> Power management and OLPC keys are not working and a proper geode display
>> driver is missing (is running with Xfbdev)
>>
>> Help is appreciated :)
>
> can you be more specific?  what's working, what's not working,
> what have you tried?
>
> paul

Network, display, qwerty keyboard, touchpad (more jumpy than usual), USB devices, SDcard, sound, are OK.
Camera I couldn't check (broken)

Gamekeys, sound/dimming keys, battery monitor, suspend/power management, screen rotation, not.

I tried available TC extensions that do not require GTK2 to keep it simple (aren't many) with no luck

I did not try any "hack" because quite frankly I have no idea even where to start.
The list of pointers I need is probably longer than the solutions...

Starting with the xserver, Xorg7.4 is available for TC but there is no geode-video driver compiled for it everywhere I looked. So no xrandr and  no rotation but that's OK I guess.
Xorg is a big black box to me anyway.

For power management, kbdsim/powerd looks like the way to go for PM and the sound/dimming keys. However, compiling kbdsim/powerd for TC is another black box for me.

OHM is not available for TC but hal is, and installs fine on TC-XO but I have no way to tell if is working properly (pointer?).
Adding 30-keymap-olpc.fdi from os10 changed nothing in gamekeys/F-keys behavior. I do not know though if Xfbdev supports gamekeys. Can gamekeys function without Xorg?

Battery-wise cat /sys/devices/platform/olpc-battery.0/power_supply/olpc-battery/capacity reports the correct battery level but from there to a battery monitor, specially when the 4 I tried come as binary files, is a long way...

PS: Pls "replay all" when/if you respond to this. I do not subscribe to this list. Too many things are beyond me :)