WiFi vs suspend

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Aug 31 19:57:20 EDT 2010

I have blundered into what may be a workaround for bug 10232
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10232

The fix is to edit
  /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service
and add " -dddt" to the end of the Exec line.  It ends up looking like:
Exec=/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
-u -f /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid -dddt
[That's one long line that got wrapped.]

After that change, I haven't had any hangs in over 24 hours.  Without that
change, I get one in a few hours.

I'd be curious to see if it works for anybody else.

Don't forget that it doesn't wakeup on ARP packets so you have to manually
setup the arp table entry on the machines that you expect to wake it up.