Installing single file via signed OFW script

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Aug 25 09:53:26 EDT 2010

martin wrote:
 > [ background: working with a local team in a process that needs to be
 > quick. Booting linux would take way too long and throw our logistics
 > out of whack ]
 >
 > Is there a straightforward way to have a signed forth script (local
 > team has its own keys) that creates/installs a minimal file to a known
 > location?
 >
 > We just need to install a config file under /etc ...

as far as i know, writing to the ext3 root partition from OFW is
officially unsupported.  the boot partition is ext2 precisely
because ext3 can't be written reliably from OFW.

if you can put the file in the boot partition, then there are copy
commands that let you creat files on "int:", i believe.  i don't
have them at my fingertips.

paul

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org