XoPhoto needs a few intrepid testing volunteers.

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 21:58:19 EDT 2010

Hi Tony and all,

This is the way I think XoPhoto works, and does for me on build 850 1.5.

When XoPhoto loads, it checks for at least 10 images, (mime_type
.png,.jpg,.tif). If there're not enough to play around with, load 11. If
there are more than 10, don't load the journal with anything, just create
the thumbnails, and store them away in sqlite database. The storing in the
journal takes time, and the thumbnail generation does also.  Thereafter, at
startup, look for recent images, stop when datastore find returns one you've
already seen (assumes most recent first, which is, I think, the design).

So your observation is interesting.  I haven't experienced multiple copies
of the test images in the journal. I think I would have noticed that,
because I've been working so hard on latency, I've been paying pretty close
attention to delay. I also looked back in my journal, to make sure I wasn't
missing something. But I don't want to discount the possibility that os373
is different.

The journal images can be deleted pretty easily, when the user is done with
the (currently non-existent) tutorial  -- just drag the images to the trash,
and then empty the trash.

Thanks for your help,

George