git help needed for 2.6.34 kernel branch revival

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 12:07:03 EDT 2010

> I'm in agreement that the right thing to do is rebase (as you
> outlined), especially after starting the process of doing this. This
> also means that merging linux-stable is OK (which is not a bad idea at
> all). And we should put more effort into upstreaming so that the
> amount of rebasing work is not so great each time.

A quick question here.  Now that fedora has moved to git does it make
any sense to follow their repo as the OLPC "master" and then have the
XO customizations exist as a branch off of that?  This should help
leverage a lot of the work the Fedora kernel maintainers are already
doing.  We might even want to go as far as to break out XO specific
work into individual branches like ofw, wireless, etc so it is easier
to merge our changes with newer kernel releases.

-Jon