strange behavior of 'rm'

Bernie Innocenti bernie at
Sun Aug 15 12:31:12 EDT 2010

El Mon, 16-08-2010 a las 01:16 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan escribió:
> Is manually deleting the /home/olpc/Activities/{activityname}.activity
> directory acceptable practice.

The only problem is that Sugar will not notice the change until

> Likewise, can I safely copy one of those directories from one XO to another?

Yes. But you'd have to restart Sugar to make it see the new activity.

The xo bundles are nothing but glorified zip files that get unpacked by
Sugar in the Activities directory. Simplicity is the only upside of our
crappy packaging format :-)

   // Bernie Innocenti -
 \X/  Sugar Labs       -