strange behavior of 'rm'

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Aug 15 11:16:42 EDT 2010

On 14 August 2010 00:39, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> I experiment with manually adding/deleting Activities, then restarting
> Sugar.  Sometimes I've seen obsolete activity-versions being listed in
> some sort of snapshot recorded in shell.log.  I've empirically found
> that I can lessen this by deleting ~/.sugar/default/favorite_activities
> - and letting the Sugar restart rebuild that file.

Is manually deleting the /home/olpc/Activities/{activityname}.activity
directory acceptable practice.

Likewise, can I safely copy one of those directories from one XO to another?

This all seems to work, but I don't know if there are any side effects.

Cheers,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager