[Sugar-devel] backups

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:16:00 EDT 2010

Interesting!  I think Journal backup to the school server has been a
feature since XS 0.4 and Release 8.2, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Blueprints:Datastore_Simple_Backup_and_Restore
, and that's what your picture shows.  I assume you're referring to
the recent Sugar work (I think
<http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-June/025094.html>
that has added backup to locally-attached volumes.

I think other ways to back up individual Journal items are the
copy_from_journal script and dragging items to an attached USB drive
in the Journal. I find it hard to figure out what's significant or
large in my sporadic Journal use.

(BTW, USB "key", "memory stick", "pendrive", "thumb drive" etc. are
all confusing pet names for the actual name which is "USB flash
drive".)

--
=S Page