OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 8 20:44:51 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 05:37:14PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> The issue is not loss of an access point, and in my case at least,
> connection was established in both environments before lost during the
> switch.
> The issue is I lost eth0 altogether both from sugar and gnome. Mesh
> was fine. Rebooting didn't solve it. Reinstalling did (till now)

I'm presuming XO-1.5.  Normally in a bug I'd scroll up to find that out,
since everything about a problem is in one place ... but I don't have
that luxury in e-mail.  If rebooting didn't solve it, then it is likely
to be electrostatic damage to the wireless device.

You can prove that by:

1.  checking for the wireless device using "ifconfig eth0" in the text
root console,

2.  checking for success of the "scan-wifi" command in OpenFirmware.

The fix is replacing the wireless device.

What do you mean "Mesh was fine?"

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/