[Sugar-devel] Making OLPC / Sugar Labs more approachable (was: Re: OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1)

Brenda Wallace shiny at cpan.org
Sun Aug 8 18:10:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
> But it is absolutely true that anyone who is volunteering (or getting paid) to test OLPC software and hardware should know how to submit a trac ticket.  That is the mechanism we use to track reported problems, so using trac should be an essential part of the training any volunteer tester should get.  While everyone likes nicely-researched and well-written problem reports, that shouldn't be an obstacle.  If there's information missing on a ticket, people working on it can ask for more.  But if the ticket's not there at all, we won't know there's a problem to fix.

Nobody is disputing that bug reports should go in the one true place
-- however we need to be welcoming to people when we tell them this.

I'll admit i'm not a fan of olpcnews.com, but they are where new
contributors end up early on in their contributing -- if only because
they show up in many search results.