OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 17:06:42 EDT 2010

--- On Sun, 8/8/10, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Fedora OLPC" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>, "Chris Ball" <cjb at laptop.org>, "Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>, testing at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 3:56 PM
>
> On Aug 8, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
>
> > (instructions for the olpcnews.com/forum/ kind of
> people would be appreciated...:-)
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1. Report bugs at http://dev.laptop.org/newticket - if
> necessary, register first at http://dev.laptop.org/register (as mavrothal kindly
> points out)
> 2. If you have interesting experiences or user information
> to contribute, please do so at http://wiki.laptop.org
> 3. If you're unwilling to perform steps 1 and/or 2 as
> appropriate, please don't expect the bug to be fixed, or for
> anyone else to even know about it.

Well, I know "due process"  I followed it several times and I also point it everywhere I can, however in this occasion we have the case:
Hey, I got a problem, what should I do to get the info needed to file a proper ticket,
and: Is this feature supported in the OS or not?
Thus the questions.
Answering outside a ticket should not be "unthinkable", so if you have an answer I would be grateful.

The bigger issue however is who has the greatest interest to produce a better build, the casual user that sees something strange and even mentions it somewhere or the developer?
Dismissing/ignoring real issues because they are "inappropriate formulated" can only turn around and bite you in more than one ways, I believe.