OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 12:41:32 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
> Subject: OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 1
> To: "Fedora OLPC" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>
> Cc: testing at lists.laptop.org, "Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>
> Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 2:45 PM
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.2
>
> http://build.laptop.org/10.1.2/xo-1.5/os850
> http://build.laptop.org/10.1.2/xo-1/os850

I do not know if anyone is monitoring http://www.olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=4867 on os850 but so far we have:
An issue with yum not working properly without swap for anything bigger than 10-15 MB. Notably crashes on "yum update". This may worth looking at before final release.

Wifi "disappearing" after switching back and forth from sugar to gnome.
This happened to me too and I thought was an issue with the olpc-update I did at the time. I then clean installed and since then works fine but something must be there.
Any pointers on how to identify possible issues in case it reappears? (instructions for the olpcnews.com/forum/ kind of people would be appreciated...:-)

Is there (planned) printing support in 10.1.2 or latter. People trying to get it going apparently stumble upon "Unable to set ACLs on root certificate '/var/run/cups/certs/0' - Operation Not Supported"

Thx