New 10.1.2 build os304 for XO-1 and XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 5 03:06:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:40:53PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> However messages is empty and lastlog and faillog although sizable
> appear with no text content. How do you see their content?

lastlog and faillog are not relevant.  messages is.

That it is empty is unfortunate.  It isn't empty for me.  The sequence I
used was to install a build, remove the /var/log from /etc/fstab,
reboot, see /var/log/messages is non-zero size, reboot, see messages
file still.

> Another issue is the does not appear to be any /boot-alt folder, so I
> can not boot back to os303 and check from there, unless if I do it
> manually.

That sounds like a problem.

--
James Cameron