New 10.1.2 build os304 for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 02:40:53 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 8/4/10, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: New 10.1.2 build os304 for XO-1 and XO-1.5
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Fedora OLPC" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>, "Chris Ball" <cjb at laptop.org>, "Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>
> Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 6:40 PM
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 07:56:48AM
> -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> > I olpc-updated my XO-1.5 from 303 to 304 and left it
> to go to sleep
> > [...]
> > froze in the shutdown screen
> >
> > I had commented out varlog in os303 /etc/fstab but on
> reboot nothing
> > was at the logs and alt-boot did not work.
> > Any other way to get persistent logs for os305 :-)
>
> The olpc-update created a fresh root which had /var/log in
> tmpfs.
>
> Look in the alternate root for the /var/log that belonged
> to os303.
>
> /versions/run/

That's the first I looked.
However messages is empty and lastlog and faillog although sizable appear with no text content. How do you see their content?

Another issue is the does not appear to be any /boot-alt folder, so I can not boot back to os303 and check from there, unless if I do it manually.
Bootpart has /bootpart/boot-versions/<version> but OFW does not see that as boot-alt.
How do you boot-alt in XO-1.5 builds?