[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 26 21:54:55 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 07:14:25AM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> What about this then
> http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/TinyCore_for_XO1/Announce%20tc-xo_02%20for%20the%20XO-1.html

Much better.  Some suggestions attached.  I've not fully tested these
suggestions, but I think they should work.  Consider them for your next
release.  I also suggest moving the installation instructions to the
start of the page, just before "About the build".

> (the url is beyond my control)

Surely you can find a better hosting service, where you can choose the
names.  ;-)  If not, at least look at tinyurl.com or equivalent
services.

> Regarding dd-mediated installations, I do not like them because they
> do not respect the factory optimized partitioning.

This is not true where dd is being used on the partition level.  Writing
a 64Mb ext2 filesystem image to the first partition of a 1GB USB stick,
for instance, does not change the factory optimized partitioning.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/