Alternative to Create a new wireless network

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Fri Apr 23 06:36:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:00:03AM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:

[Name for auto-created ad-hoc networks]
> Point taken. 'Our Network' or 'Local network' would be two possible
> options.
"Local network" + channel number sounds fine, though ideally we'd get
some feedback from others members of the design team (esp. Eben).

[NetworkManager ad-hoc mode]
> [...] DHCP is used for assigning IP  addresses on the new shared wifi
> network.
That sounds like a bridge would Just Work (for non-auto-created ad-hoc
networks), thanks.
Allowing users to enable "connection sharing" might be useful, but is
independent of your patch.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/