Hulahop browser screen width XO1.0 vs XO1.5

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:18:24 EDT 2010

No, I don't think it is a widget, gtk problem -- since I could change the
CSS to correct the problem.

I wrote a javascript fragment:

document.write('width:' + window.screen.width + " height:" +
window.screen.height);

On XO1.0 I got a response: "width:840 height:634" and on XO1.5 I got
"width:1200 height:900"

If this is a known situation, and it is desired for some good reason, I'm
sure people like me can live with it.  Otherwise I think the rendering
engine on 1.0 and 1.5 should come up with similar defaults -- and
considering our installed base-- it should be compatible 800x600.

Persuant to Seth's suggestion, I've discovered that it is possible to write
CSS using percentages rather than absolute pixel dimensions, and circumvent
haveing to make a decision in javascript based upon reported screen
dimension, and load separate CSS pages.

Somebody has cleaned up the webview widget.  I'm having to work around a
problem in build 802 that is fixed in F11 -- In the earlier build the widget
controled it's own visibility by doing 'self.web_view.get_toplevel().hide()'
which made it much more difficult to incorporate in at activity that wanted
to use other widgets as well.

Who's maintaining Hulahop/webview?

George