strange keyboard problem with synaptics controller

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Apr 16 16:09:32 EDT 2010

On 04/16/2010 02:34 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:

> The problem continues after powering off and on again. The solution is
> to disconnect the charger and the battery, then reconnect, causing an
> EC reset.
>
> What would be the next steps for debugging the next time we see this?

Attach a serial port and find me and we can check the status of a few of
the EC ram variables.

Sort of sounds like the EC thinks there is an ALPS controller connected
rather than the EnE.  However that's check every time the host power ups
so I wold have expected a host power cycle to fix it rather than having
to do an EC reset.

To really debug this though I need it to happen on a machine with an EC
serial port loaded.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child