tap-to-click feedback

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Apr 15 10:54:54 EDT 2010

On 15 April 2010 11:40, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Sebastian Silva
> <sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
>> BTW how do you disable it?
>
> Yeah -- can we disable it easily on F11 builds?

(speaking only for XO) No. We would have to change mouse driver which
introduces a handful of regressions, will need some real effort to
resolve. See the discussions earlier in the thread.

The most realistic quick-fix option I can think of is adding a small
hack into the psmouse driver in the OLPC kernel, which sends the
single command needed to disable tap-to-click. Last time I looked at
this code I remember thinking that this would be quite easy, since the
more-powerful synaptics driver doesn't actually change the mode of the
mouse, it just takes advantage of a whole load of non-standard
commands.

Daniel