Troubles reconnecting new ALPS controller

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Apr 14 12:42:19 EDT 2010

After the switch to the ALPS touchpad + controller, it's nice to see
the departure of the 2 ribbon cables that don't have clips (the extra
bit of plastic came off too easily, making it hard to disconnect the
cables), but we now have a new difficulty:

The small ribbon cable that connects the mouse to the ALPS board is
clipped into the white sockets on both ends with little black clips.
These clips come off really easily and are hard to put back in place.

I've seen this happen a few times now and it's a pain. Any chance of
improvements in the future?

cheers
Daniel