Flash + AIR on OLPC

Stanley Sokolow overbyte at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 19:29:55 EDT 2010

So, I guess you don't install any software that you download and run, like
Firefox or OpenOffice.org or Google Earth?  An AIR program doesn't just
sneak itself onto your system -- the user decides to buy it, or trust the
source of it, downloads it, and runs the installer.  The point about AIR is
that it lets the developer use the same tools to develop rich Internet
applications and desktop applications with attractive "rich" user
interfaces.