Flash + AIR on OLPC

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Apr 12 19:30:12 EDT 2010

> The AIR application is given more freedom -- for example, it can
> access local files.

Back when Netscape first came out, I was bitten when a "selfish" plugin
changed my system's defaults without me realizing it.  Ever since, I do
NOT want a remotely acquired program to be able to access the local
files in my system.  [The "nobody" user was invented to limit access.]

I'm willing to mess with my local files myself.  But if a program from
who-knows-where might mess with my local files -- I'd rather deny myself
whatever experience that program is supposed to bring -- rather than
chance having that program change how I have set up my system to run.

> Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/air/ for examples of AIR
> applications you can download and run.

I did.  Nothing there looks like something I can't live without.

mikus