New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 119

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:13:24 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 12 April 2010 15:10, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't have the XO near me to test but 'yum remove perl' will give
>> you the answer.
>
> On XO-1.5 running something very close to 10.2.0 build 119, it wants
> to remove many components including anacron, yum, rpm,
> ds-backup-client, olpc-update, ...
>
> Is this what you expect?

That's because of the exim. Do a 'yum install ssmtp' then a 'yum
remove exim' and most of that problem goes away. the auto depsolving
for '/usr/bin/sendmail' get exim by default because its the shortest
name and comes first. exim depends on perl. ssmtp is a very small 50k
dep that gives cronie what it wants.

Peter