Flash + AIR on OLPC

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Apr 12 16:13:47 EDT 2010

There's been all this discussion of AIR.  I am unfamiliar with AIR.
My question :  "Why would I (as an user) __need__ AIR ?"

I do not mind using a "browser", nor do I mind installing a
special-purpose "plugin" into my browser in order to access particular
material.  But what does AIR provide that for instance the combination
of "latest Firefox plus latest Adobe Flash plugin" would not provide ?

Thanks,  mikus

p.s.  People keep showing various Linux platforms (e.g., Ubuntu, Debian,
etc) running on the XO.  As far as I am concerned, if these people
*want* to run Ubuntu, Debian, etc., then buying a modern netbook for
that purpose will give them better performance than using the XO.