New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 119

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:56:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis
<mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

In the longer term its likely that it will be. The libraries in CentOS
5 are too old. The problem is that RHEL-6 isn't out yet, nor is there
any announcements when it will be, then from there the CentOS team
need to review, engineer, QA and release CentOS 6. Then you need to
build/test/QA sugar etc for it.

It will then be OK for a while until Sugar needs a newer version of a
library that is static on CentOS due to the support requirements. And
then it reverts to Fedora. And before you mention Ubuntu LTS, the
previous LTS has the same version issues, the current one will still
have the same problems going forward.

Peter