suspend in XO-1.5

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sat Apr 10 22:19:56 EDT 2010

On Apr 10, 2010, at 10:03 PM, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> Given that several times I had the lid closed for 45 minutes, and that
> the browser functioned normally as soon as I opened the lid -- I'm led
> to conclude that my unmodified B2 *did* support operation of the WLAN
> across suspend/resume.

The software team has worked wonders!

A B2 is not capable of keeping the WLAN powered during suspend (our
definition of "working", as it allows the laptop to wake on incoming packets).
However, the WLAN is powered off (on any version) when the laptop is
put to sleep (as opposed to suspending itself) and reinitialized when coming
out of sleep.

BTW, congratulations on being one of the top ten bug reporters in Trac!

Cheers,
wad