XO-1.5 B2 bringup

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Sep 15 06:02:15 EDT 2009

The XO-1.5 bringup is proceeding smoothly.
At this time, Mitch is working on streamlining the
production test process and integrating the production test
code into Open Firmware and our Linux releases.   This will
eliminate the need for OLPC to continuously support
Quanta's separate production test Linux release.

We expect to produce 300 B2 prototypes on Wednesday
afternoon.   It will then take another week or so for these
to be shipped to 1CC for distribution.