updates and testing SocialCalc on the Sugar Live CD

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Sep 3 23:49:39 EDT 2009

> Lately, I have been testing SocialCalc on the Sugar Live CD, and have run
> into issues.

Don't know what is working/not_working for you, but as an experiment
I just tried SocialCalc on my XO-1 with build soas-2-beta (this
build was booted from an USB stick) -- socialcalcactivity-1.xo (size
291510 bytes) is installed to that build as an Activity.  SocialCalc
launched fine.  I am not familiar with spreadsheets -- so I did not
know *how* to test if SocialCalc was working correctly - but I was
able to click various tabs (eg Help), and to end SociaCalc normally.

mikus  (attached log from this run of SocialCalc)

p.s.  I do not know if SocialCalc needs Java, or not.  The build I
ran has had openjdk 1.6.0 (Java) installed on it.