XO 1.5 hang on "Type your name" screen

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Fri Oct 30 16:16:54 EDT 2009

That's not correct.  Many of us have run into this problem and done
the upgrade.  As Richard pointed out, removing all power (disconnect
the AC adapter, remove the battery, count to 10, then reassemble) will
reset the EC and fix the problem.  Power on the machine and press Esc
immediately to get to the OFW prompt.  You can then use the OFW flash
command as described in the instructions to upgrade the firmware.

	- Ed