open 80211s on XO 1.5

Hilton Garcia Fernandes hgfernan at lsi.usp.br
Fri Oct 30 15:30:08 EDT 2009

Hi, Sameer !

Are you sure open802.11s can be made to support to the Marvell chipsets ?

In any case, open802.11s implementation is certainly incompatible with the
standard OLPC 802.11s driver, since they implemented different versions of
the draft.

It is interesting to read that "Mesh networking is exceptionally difficult to
use properly on an XO-1, and I'm not aware of any real-world installations of
it.", as Ed told us.

All the best,
hilton

On Friday 30 October 2009 16:38:28 Ed McNierney wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Sameer Verma wrote:
> > to allow for meshing a la XO1
>
> Sameer -
>
> Are you in fact using 802.11s mesh networking on XO-1 machines?  Or
> are you rather using ad-hoc networking and collaboration features?
> Mesh networking is exceptionally difficult to use properly on an XO-1,
> and I'm not aware of any real-world installations of it.
>
> 	- Ed

Hilton Garcia Fernandes
Nucleo de Tecnologias sem Fio (NTSF) -- Wireless Technologies Team
Lab de Sistemas Integraveis Tecnologico (LSI) -- Integrable Systems Lab
Escola Politecnica (Poli) -- Engineering School
Univ S Paulo (USP)
Tel: (5511)3091-5311 (work)
     (5511)8131-5213 (mobile)
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto,158 trav.3 CEP 05508-010
S. Paulo -- SP -- Brazil
Pagina inicial: http://www.lsi.usp.br/~hgfernan