Sharing files among several XO

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Wed Oct 28 07:40:54 EDT 2009

2009/10/28 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:

> Sugar supports direct file transfers between machines, but only from
> 0.84. Hilaire said he uses the last stable OLPC release, so he is
> using 0.82.

And so far, I don't have any avalaible time to test installing the
0.84 on XO. At least there are some bits of information regarding
0.84. I sill have to port back DrGeo to Etoys and improve the
scripting programming of DrGeo within Etoys, then start to design
learning activities with Etoys/DrGeo projects. Then these learning
activities will be shared to student XO.

So all in all, is it really the case there are no way to share file
between XO through the mesh?

> Maybe we should try to troubleshoot Distribute and make it more robust?
>
> The only other option I can think of is using a usb stick to share entries.

Not really a viable option in real life with those students.
I am thinking about a wifi access point with a third party laptop
providing FTP access for Etoys project (Etoys can directly cope with
that in user friendly way)

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire