F11 wired vs. jabber

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Oct 22 13:52:55 EDT 2009

I don't have wireless (i.e., no AP), but use a local ethernet LAN.
When I boot a F11 system, usually Neighborhood View shows me the
(running) XOs connected to my ethernet.  But sometimes what I see is
the XOs connected to the Jabber server I have defined.  To reach
that Jabber server, the connection has to go over the ethernet,
through a proxy (I had to tell telepathy that the proxy exists), and
then over the internet.  [I am leaving the Jabber server name in 'My
Settings' -- I am not adding/removing it dynamically.]

Which set of XOs I get to see seems to be random.  [Still happens
that way both on XO-1 and on XO-1.5.]  Any ideas on how, with my
setup, I could "favor" seeing jabber over seeing wired ?

Thanks, mikus