[Testing] first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Oct 22 06:31:19 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 03:36:50PM +0545, Daniel Drake wrote:
> One of the biggest headaches we have to deal with, even
> when we have infrastructure networks, is the bug where every XO has a
> different set of neighbours on the neighbourhood view. Now we'd be
> making that bug a feature.

Isn't this bug/feature an explicit goal of Gadget/Sugar:

1)
>> They'll see their friends, the result of the active searches and a
>> maximum of $N random buddies and $N' random activities
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2008-June/006351.html

2) jarabe/model/neighborhood.py line 39 & 40:
http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/sugar/mainline/tree/src/jarabe/model/neighborhood.py#n39

...it's used around line 130, among others:

http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/sugar/mainline/tree/src/jarabe/model/neighborhood.py#n130

I've never liked that limitation, but I suspect I'm not understanding
something because it seems crazy to intentionally limit the results
that way.  I'm glad I spent the 30 seconds to find the code so I can
hack it out :).

> Daniel

Martin