Update version for F11-1.5

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 21 14:12:43 EDT 2009

On 21.10.2009, at 18:31, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 21.10.2009, at 18:02, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the version sequence in update_url that the Sugar activity
>> updater tries on F11-1.5?
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_update#Activity_groups
>
> Err, I meant this spec:

> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles#.info_file_format
>
> update_url = ...
>
> URL to retrieve update information; implemented in ticket #4951. The
> software update control panel will attempt to look for information
> about the latest version of the activity by fetching the given url
> with first the core OS build number, then the release number, then
> the release major version number appended, then finally as-is.
>
> (For example, if your update URL tag has the value 'http://host.net/
> bundles/FooBar' and you are currently running release 8.2.1 (build
> 802), the following URLs will be tried, in this order:
> http://host.net/bundles/FooBar/802,
> http://host.net/bundles/FooBar/8.2.1,
> http://host.net/bundles/FooBar/8.2,
> http://host.net/bundles/FooBar
> ) The contents of the URLs should be in the activity microformat.
>
> So what is the "core OS build number" and  "release number" for
> F11-1.5?
>
> - Bert -

Seems like I'm talking to myself ;) so I dug into the updater code on
my own (bitfrost/update/actinfo.py)

OS build comes from /boot/olpc_build
Release comes from /etc/olpc-release

Both do not exist in os32. I filed this:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9533

Simplest solution is

$ su -c 'echo 11.0.0 > /etc/olpc-release'

Fixes https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9459 anyway.

- Bert -