first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 20 08:00:15 EDT 2009

On 20.10.2009, at 12:50, James Cameron wrote:

> G'day Tabitha,
>
> Several of the experiences you mention are common to the recent Fedora
> 11 builds on both XO-1 and XO-1.5 machines.  Some are peculiar to the
> XO-1.5 machines while development is continuing.

What's the proper procedure to report bugs encountered on the 1.5?

E.g., I just filed

https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9524

which may or may not be unique to 1.5, but I set it to 1.5-F11 because
that's where I saw it.

This may be the related to as

https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6811
https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9153

or maybe not - there are so many old tickets in the tracker that it's
hard to tell.

Also not sure if it's related to suspend/resume - does the 1.5 on os32
auto-suspend on AC? It seemed like only the screen was blanked after
some idle time.

>> question - why is there a /media/boot in the frame next to the
>> battery
>> indicator and volume indicator,
>
> Pass.  I hadn't noticed that.  It isn't there for me at the moment.  I
> wonder why Sugar is showing it.

I saw the SD icon too, in the Journal of the pre-installed OS. It's
gone in os32.

- Bert -