XO-1 Build 802 doesn't turn off speaker amplifier

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Oct 14 21:35:04 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:00:29PM +0100, Tiago Marques wrote:
> As anyone ever measured this?

I've just measured it now.

Unfortunately my meter lacks accuracy on this range, but in two tests,
with or without backlight, without any battery, I saw a 20mA (+/- 10mA)
improvement as a result of disabling the amplifier with alsamixer.  The
hiss from the speakers also went away.  (I had to place my ears within a
few inches to be able to hear the change).  The input voltage 12.06V.

There was no change to the current consumed during suspend.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/