GPIOs

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Fri Oct 9 03:42:25 EDT 2009

I hope we can find some better way to distinguish between the different
board flavors in early startup code.  The current technique, involving
an EC command (whose response latency cannot be guaranteed) with the
answer cached in CMOS RAM (which cannot be accessed quickly due to the
power-glitch prevention circuitry) has caused me a great deal of grief
to make it work reliably, and still takes too long.

I was looking forward to deleting that code when we deprecate the A-test
boards.  Now it appears that the problem will come back in spades, since
it's unlikely that we will be able to deprecate B2.