client to exercise an XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:36:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Tim Moody <timmoody at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I am looking for a good environment to use to exercise/test an XS install,
> given that I don't have an xo.  I prefer emulation rather than soas because
> I hope to run multiple clients on one host os, and I also prefer windows as
> the host os.
>
> I'm not clear whether I should I try to emulate an xo or just the latest
> sugar environment.

Depends on your goals! :-)

- Emulating the latest stable 8.2.1 XO OS from an emulator is good to
check the good behaviour of the XS. And that is the main thing *I*
work with.

- Emulating Sugar is great to validate that Sugar does the right thing
when it finds an XS. Hamilton Chua for example needs help to test &
validate things like registration and backup work from Sugar...

- For load / stress testing of the XS, your emulators will bring down
the house before the XS gets any decent exercise.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions