[Server-devel] Proxy auto-configuration

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:52:31 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Andrew McMillan <andrew at morphoss.com> wrote:
> I run WPAD here with Mozilla, and it works well.  It will generally be
> through DNS since that's the more reliable way of finding it, but it
> does require the browser to make a check for it.

Looks like we need some investigation into how to get Browse.xo to do it... :-)

> then perhaps a
> post DHCP hook could request the WPAD file, crudely parse it for the
> real proxy address and stuff that into the Browse.xo configuration.

Probably worth trying the "right" fix before the crude one. If
Browse.xo can DTRT with WPAD, a sideeffect will be that it'll work in
proxied+WPADded networks.

And if the XS does the conventional WPAD thing, other browsers that
know how to do WPAD will be able to connect...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions