New F11 for XO-1.5 build 47

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at
Sun Nov 29 11:45:26 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM, James Cameron <quozl at> wrote:

> On 29/11/2009, at 5:36 PM, Chris Ball wrote:
> > * Add OHM for XO-1.5 power management.  To disable it, use "touch
> >   /etc/ohm/inhibit-idle-suspend" for the moment.
> You can also disable it using My Settings -> Power -> Automatic power
> management.
> This is almost essential on an XO-1.5 B2 without the WLAN power ECO if you
> want to test using a network.  The automatic suspend takes out the WLAN.

Just a quick first impression:

The power-management kicks in as expected however to wake the XO up again
you actually have to press the power-button, hitting a key or moving the
cursor doesn't wake it up (as it does on the XO-1). Also power-management
doesn't seem to be activated when closing the lid (at least the power-LED
doesn't indicate that it is).

Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews
e-mail: christoph at