updates.laptop.org XO 1.5 and other question

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Nov 29 04:49:57 EST 2009

On 29/11/2009, at 7:58 PM, LASKE, Lionel (C2S) wrote:
> I’ve just tested the olpc-update to upgrade from OS45 to OS46: it works great !
> Cool ! Thanks for that.

I've olpc-update'd to os47 too.

> By the way I’ve got three questions about XO 1.5:
> -          “test-all” command end with a “general protection exception” error after SD test (I’m in Q3A16).

Verified for you on q3a16f, what actually appears is:

Testing /pci/sd at c/disk at 2
No card in external SD slot
Selftest failed. Return code = -1
General Protection Exception
ok

But if you insert an external SD slot card, this part of the test passes.  I'm sure this is expected.  Please make certain you have a card in the external SD slot before you run "test-all".

> -          I’ve tried to play with the dailymotion open video website http://openvideo.dailymotion.com which support OGG and it don’t seems to work with the XO.

I was able to play the Dilbert one ...
http://openvideo.dailymotion.com/video/xba5nk_dogbertys-new-book_fun
... but no sound heard.

Could you be more specific; which videos did not work?  Could you try os47 as well, in case that is the reason it worked for me?

> -          What about video support in Record activity ? Camera seems to start working when using “test /camera”

We know, thanks.  This is ticket #9534.  (We have an OpenFirmware driver, but not a kernel driver.)